Friday, November 19, 2010

Super Arc

As some of you know, I moved to a new apartment last February because my last apartment was way too small and poorly located for my job. Anyway, one reason I picked this new apartment (after looking at about 10) was because it's 5 min. from work, across from a 7-11 (which has our bank atm), and next door to Homac, Tsuruha (drug store), and Fukuhara (supermarket). It may be true that our apartment has it's trouble, since it was built in 1984, but the size and location makes everything else seem small. And since I don't drive, being next to a drug store and supermarket was key.

So, you'd understand my utter shock when I got an email from my husband telling me that Fukuhara had been closed! I couldn't believe it. In fact, I made him drive me by just to prove it to me. There it was, covered in green netting and surrounded by work vans. BUT, I thought, maybe they are just remodeling...

Well, they were remodeling, but not Fukuhara, rather a brand-new supermarket! Now, I'm not one to get so excited about a new supermarket but it made me so excited for several reasons.

1. I still have a supermarket next door to me.
2. It only took a week to remodel.

In fact, it opened today! I went to see what it was all about, which leads to my next few reasons to love my new Super Arc grocery store!

3. Much bigger store, which means, more food options!
4. They have hamburger buns! Which probably sounds lame but you can't find them anywhere here! I bought two bags!
5. The incredible alcohol selection. I'm actually not much of a liquor drinker but it's nice to have variety!
6. They have a chef in the store that cooks daily specials!

The list can go on and on! I just wanted to share my joy of a new supermarket with the world! YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment