Monday, March 7, 2011

The Mumps

Well, it appears that I will have more time on my hands. I have come down with a case of the mumps and I'm miserable. I can't sleep. I can't eat. I can't talk. It seems that I can't do anything without causing myself more pain.

I am sure you are asking yourself, "Didn't you get vaccinated as a child?" Yes, I got all my shots! but in the past month, there has been a kind of epidemic of the mumps happening at my school. Around 80% of the kids have had the mumps at some point or another. I suppose it's the teachers' turn to get them. I do not wish this on my worst enemy!

Typically, I wouldn't show a picture of myself looking so "dirty & grimy" but you've got to see this!

  
             Before                 After (notice the left side of my face)



1 comment:

  1. Wow Megan! That's definitely the mumps! I have to admit that it feels like we're in a different decade here when you have to worry about mumps outbreaks and kerosene heaters... ;)

    Get better soon!

    ReplyDelete