Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Mumps: Day 7

So, technically I still have the mumps but the swelling is really going down. With that being said, I've decided to stop posting photos of myself. You're welcome!

The pain has primarily gone away but I still can't manage to chew without causing excruciating pain for myself. I'm starving! Living on soup for a week, you'd think that I've lost tons of weight but I've only lost 1kg. Which, I suppose, any weight lost is good!

I'm still a bit self conscious, though. I'm embarrassed to go out into public. I wear a surgical mask anytime I have to go outside and face the big, bad, judgmental world. I am starting to recognize myself again which is the best part of the healing process.

2 comments:

  1. Not sure if you are up to date with your blog, but I found this ad I frantically searched the internet for ways to reduce the swelling in my face as I am currently suffering from a case of the Mumps.
    Reading through your blog did give me a little bit of hope 😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your pics in google looking for before and after pics of mumps. Im on my 4th or 5th and my face is bloated. So sad i cant attend important events.

    ReplyDelete