Saturday, July 9, 2011

Packing

Today I have been finishing my packing. We went to the post office with two boxes that were nicely and tightly wrapped up with an excessive amount of duct tape just to cut them open. Apparently, you can't ship electronics on a boat. They have to be shipped by air but by air is more expensive. We got to spend a good half hour sorting things out but we did eventually get things sorted out.

We then bought three more boxes to pack, came home and packed the last of our odds and ends. Luckily we had already figured out what was going and staying. I just had to put them into the boxes.

Now, my husband is leaving me next Tuesday to climb Mt. Fuji and to head back to the states. I would be going with him but I have to finish my work. Anyway, he has decided that he doesn't want to take more than a backpack with him. So, we have to send another box (i.e. box #3) with clothes and whatnot so he doesn't have to carry it in a bag. It's a bit annoying but I'm definitely getting in on that action and sending my stuff too. So, after he leaves I'll be living out of my little suitcase for three weeks. It'll be weird and tough but hopefully worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment