Friday, July 8, 2011

Getting Fat

I have decided that until my husband leaves for the states, I'm going to allow myself to get fat. No really fat, but I'm going to eat whatever I want! I only have five weeks left in Japan and only one week left with my husband and I don't want to waste a minute! However, when my husband leave, I'll probably lose any weight gained because I don't eat as much when it's just me and I'll be really bored so I'll probably run all the time.

One of the main things I'm going to miss about Japan would be the food. I LOVE Japanese food! It's all very fresh and delicious, especially the fish. Coming from Kansas, we don't get too many fresh fishes to choose from and fish just isn't really a part of our daily cuisine. Let's be honest, we are beef eaters! Now, though, I definitely think I'm going to be making more trips to the seafood counter in the states.

The other problem is that I don't know how to make Japanese food. I know, I know, I've lived in Japan for the past three years and didn't learn any Japanese cooking. I'm a fool, but I'm going to learn before I leave! I already have a volunteer to teach me. I'll be sure to post pictures.

I look forward to showing all my friends back home what I learn! Japanese food dinner party, anyone?

2 comments:

  1. You're silly! You're never fat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's not about me, literally becoming fat but rather not caring about what I eat! Thanks again, though! I love you and CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU! I hope you've either retrieved your ID or have since gotten a new ID, btw.

    ReplyDelete