Monday, October 25, 2010

Convenience

I realized that I've been posting a lot but, honestly, if I don't write it right away I will forget it. Anyway...

The other night during dinner my husband and I had a conversation about what miss most about being in America. We excluded the obvious things (ie language, friends, family). My husband said convenience of food. For instance, fast-food and delivery. It's not so much about the quality of food because, let's be honest, it sucks but rather the easy accessibility. Those days when you just want to pick something up or better yet, have it come to you is not a real possibility here. They have McDonalds and KFC for fast-food or Pizza Hut and sushi for delivery but you can only eat so much of that food.

I, however, said technology convenience (ie dryers, dish washers, ovens). Being here I have realized how lazy I am when it comes to cleaning my apartment. Before my apartment as always pretty clean but now that I don't have technology to do things for me faster, I don't want to do them at all thus leaving my apartment dirty most of the time. There is always dishes to do and laundry to wash!

All in all we miss convenience!

No comments:

Post a Comment